IRS Back Taxes Settlement for Austin-area Taxpayers
If you are an Austin-area taxpayer that owes the IRS back taxes, it can ruin your life. The IRS can make you pay them, whether you think you can afford it or not, and they have stronger powers than the average private creditor, including the power, without judicial consequences, to:
- Garnish your hard-earned wages
- Levy (seize) your bank account and other assets
- File tax liens against you, preventing you to liquidate your assets.
However, the IRS’ power is not unlimited. The Internal Revenue Code, and the rules and regulations that apply to the IRS, provides for a number of ways to reduce or eliminate back tax liability in many circumstances. We have helped hundres of Texas taxpayers like you to reduce or eliminate their back tax debt.
Here are just a few of the methods that we’ve used to favorably resolve back tax debt problems for our clients:
- Partial Payment Installment Agreements: If you can't come up with the money to pay your back tax debt in full, we often obtain an installment agreement from the IRS to accept monthly, manageable payments to pay off your tax debt.
- Offer in Compromise (OIC): An offer in compromise (OIC) can substantially reduce the amount of money you owe to the IRS, but contrary to what the national tax relief firms would have you believe, they are only granted in about 20-25% of the cases, and there are strict eligibility requirements. We obtain OICs for our clients in appropriate circumstances. Our IRS back taxes attorneys and tax CPAs have more than a decade of experience in preparing OIC applications and advocating for them with the IRS.
- Currently Not Collectible Status (CNC): A CNC determination temporarily extinguishes your tax liability, and if your financial situation does not change, then the CNC may become permanent. To qualify, you must be able to prove that using your income/assets to pay your tax debt would ultimately prevent you from getting necessities like food and shelter. We routinely obtain CNCs for our clients in appropriate circumstances.
Get IRS back tax relief today!
If you owe IRS back taxes, it is a mistake to ignore your tax problem. There are many tools that our experienced IRS back tax settlement experts can use to resolve your tax problem and lift the burden of IRS back tax debt. For a FREE consultation about how to resolve your IRS back taxes, contact Austin Pure Tax today (512) 900-8234